Sunday, October 11, 2009

Work Update

A brief update on how work is going: I havent had any back pain at work which is very good and I am still able to come home and cook dinner and take care of Landen when I get home without any pain. I do wake up in the morning stiff and a little sore but I am using muscles a lot more than I use to so it is like the same as if you go to the gym, the next day you are stiff and sore. I am able to type with my left hand and do so fairly well. The only finger that wont type is my pinky. It doesn't have enough strength to push down the key. I don't type as fast as I use to but I do fairly well. My arm is tired and sore at the end of the day from typing but it is good therapy for it. As for other parts of my life, my hawkeyes are doing great. 6-0 start, best start since '85. I dont go to the games but I do go tailgating before the games. Yesterday was a cold game. We tailgated for about 5 hrs and then came back here to watch the game. I froze outside, I had tons of clothes on but the wind was strong and since I still cant drink because of my meds, I didn't have any beer to warm me up. My hand gets really stiff in the cold. Friday Landen turns 1. I cant believe how fast this last year has gone. He is still not walking but I know he will soon enough. He gets into everything now but he is adorable. His new thing is throwing all his food on the ground if he is done or doesn't like it. The 1st time was cute and we laughed and took pictures, now it is getting quite annoying.

My updates will be few and far between from now on. I am not a blog person and dont really have the time to start. If I liked having a blog and telling people all about myself everyday, I would have started a blog earlier. I will updated periodically if anything changes but the only big thing left in my healing is my arm and it will be a very slow progress so there won't be much to post about each day. Sorry for all of you that check this site daily looking for an update, but with work now and taking care of an active child, I need to spend my extra time picking up the house or studying. I will post some pics after this weekend of Landen's party. I really hope he smashes the cake into his face.

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

So glad to know that you are back at work and getting on with things... YES-- GO HAWKS!!!

Heather said...

I will miss the updates. Can't you become a blog person?? Hehehe...

So glad to hear things are going well!! :-)

wegs said...

telling it like it is.... and this is why i LOVE you! take care sug, and I'll be calling you to check in! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANDEN!!!