Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's back to work I go.

Well the time has come for me to return to work tomorrow. I am a little nervous but I am ready for my life to try to return to normal. My program has been so understanding through this process which I am so thankful for. I am starting on Rheumatology which will be an easier rotation but it is also what I think I want to do with my life so I need to perform halfway decent so that maybe I have a shot at a fellowship here. There are some days where I wonder if I suffered a little anoxic brain syndrome (brain lacking oxygen) because there are times when I am asked something that I should know and just cant think of it and then after thinking about it for a while, it finally comes to me. Hopefully everything comes back to me when I start back.

10 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Yay! I am so happy for you! It has got to feel good to get back to a normal way of life and regain a little more of your independence back! Awesome! I am sure that you will go great as always once you get back in the swing of things!

Heather said...

I'm sending you good vibes!! Hopefully it goes really well and you can just pick right back up where you left off!! Good luck tomorrow!! :-)

Mom and Dad said...

We are do proud of you. You have done so well in your recovery. Best of Luck tomorrow. You will do great. Still in our thoughts and prayers.

Mom and Dad Wegele

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome you are ready to head back after what you have been through. GOOD LUCK!

Amy

Connie said...

You are a ROCK STAR! Take time to take good care of yourself, too....and we know you'll do awesome! Love ya,
Aunt Connie

Anonymous said...

Cousin Stacey said...

In the words of Delaney, it is not fair. Lindsay goes back to "school" without a cast on your arm! Can you tell she is ready to be done with hers.

Good luck! Have fun! Relax! And enjoy your day! You will be great!

Anonymous said...

You'll be fine - we are all glad to have you back! Hendrik

Wolvers said...

Glad to hear you are going back to somewhat normalcy. God's amazing grace still continues to leave me in Awe how fast you have recovered from such an experience!

vrazz said...

That phenomenon isn't anoxic brain injury...I'm finding it's pretty common to all interns. It happens to me a lot more than I'd like. When I finally mentioned it to some of my classmates, they were like, "Oh my gosh, yeah, that happens to me too!" It's integrating everything we've learned the last several years into bringing it forward and actually using it daily. You'll be okay. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Great news! Hope your last week went well.
I second Vita's comment- it happens to me all the time.
Welcome back!
Paul