Saturday, September 5, 2009

so Friday I had my appointment with trauma once again. They have a new resident and new attending each time I go in. So the resident comes in and starts by saying, "so, tell me what happened, whats your story" Obviously he had not reviewed my file. I started in on my story and he goes "wait, are you a resident here" I was like yeah, he goes "internal medicine, right, I heard about you" That was the same response I got last time. i think the whole hospital knows my story now. So I waited and waited around then for the attending. By 10:35, 1 hr and 20 mins after my appointment time, and 5 mins late now for my OT appointment, he comes rushing, listening to the residents story of me as they are coming down the hall, puts his hands on my chest and asks me to take a deep breath in, then proceeds to tell me that my left side doesnt rise as well as my right so I need a chest x-ray now to make sure I dont have fluid in my lungs. I proceeded to tell him yeah, there is scare tissue there from broken ribs and surgery and why would I have fluid on my lungs after 2 months and even if I did, I was asymptomatic so they wouldnt do anything about it anyway, we would just watch it to make sure it reabsorbs. I asked if I could just get it done next Wed when I have to get x-rays of my back for my neurosurgery appointment for which he said, no it must be done today (so urgent, I mean I was dying of not breathing right there) but I could refuse them if I want. I told him, no I would do it but after my therapy appoint as I was already late. So I went to my therapy appoint and then went and got the x-ray and went back to trauma for the results and what did they find..........scar tissue, big surprise. what a waste of resourses. Then the resident was pondering when to see me back. I said how bout prn (as needed). I told them there was no point for their followup as I had no tubes anymore and was feeling fine from a surgical stand point. On a non medical point, I finished the 2nd book in the twilight series today. 560+ pages in the book and I started it Wednesday night. It is seriously that good I couldnt put it down. I have now started the 3rd. 600+ pages this time. We will see how fast I read this one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay....we don't know eachother, but I have been following your journey since the beginning. (You know - one of those...someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows you.) :)

You are an inspiration! Thanks for sharing - and thanks to your sister for sharing when you weren't able to. My thoughts and prayers have been with you from the beginning.

It must be hard when you actually "know too much". Most people who might go through this don't have your education and can muddle through with some sense of ignorance. You, on the other hand, know A LOT!

Anyway - continue to hang in there...your little guy is darling! Thanks for sharing your story in such a "real" way. AND....I read the Twilight series in 1 1/2 weeks...all four books! I totally understand your obsession! (Now...I must warn you of the "withdrawl". Once I finished the last one - I felt a little lost). :)

Take care,

Mindi - West Des Moines

Heather said...

I'm with Mindi, I'm not sure if knowing so much is a good thing or a bad thing for you. :-)

Glad you are finding something to fill your time. Hope you are getting to the gym to so your PT guy won't be mad at you!! :-)

Keep up the good work!!

wegs8 said...

i dont know if anyone has told you this but you should be a doctor....

I've been waiting to read a blog from Y-O-U and this is it. I now know you are fully back 100%!!! I love it :) Only thing you didn't put in was that the resident was an idiot but I know you are thinking it! love to you and Tim and Landen! Hope he's feeling better!