Friday, September 11, 2009

Weight

So my weight is really starting to drive me nuts. Some of you that havent seen me since the accident still remember me at my normal weight of 145 lbs. What do I weigh now, a whopping 125lbs. I am 5'7'' and weigh 125lbs, that is not right. I use to think I would always love it if I weighed 125lbs when I was 145lbs and now that I am at this weight I absolutely hate it and would give anything to get back to my previous weight. Of those of you keeping track of my weight gain since leaving the hospital, that is a total of 0 lbs gained. None of my clothes fit, not even my bras fit. I am sick of wearing a belt with my jeans just to hold them up and then see them bunch up in front and back. I refuse to buy new clothes because I am determined to put weight on. My body use to be happy at 145. I could eat almost anything I wanted and my weight would vary only slightly up and down. Now I was still active and worked out but I never had to work out consistantly and watch what I ate to maintain my weight. Bad thing about this was my body never allowed me to lose much weight when I tried either, which I thought I always had wanted to do until now. I feel right now that I am constantly eating and its not doing anything. I have this weird thing with my body that when it gets hungry, it doesnt just growl, I get this pain in my left side just below my ribs that travels around to my back and just gets worse if I ignore it and dont feed myself. It is something I have had even before the accident but only came on before if I was absolutely starving, now it comes on with the slightest hunger so I am having to constantly eat. I finished off an entire bad of cheesy quick tators from Schwans in less than a week by myself (oh so yummy). I dont eat healthy by any means. I think I have had more donuts since the accident then I have had all last year alone. The only thing I dont eat much off is fast food, 1) because that would get expensive & 2) I dont feel the greatest after eating it. There are days where I think I shouldnt work out because then I will just burn off anything extra I ate that day but I know I need to continue to work out to build my muscles back up and get my cardio back up so I am not worn out just walking up and down stairs. I always wondered when people said they couldnt gain weight, I thought it had to be easy, you just go crazy eating anything you want. Well I feel like I am doing that and my body has other things in mind.

On to another topic, I have now finished the 3rd book in the twilight series and am desperately waiting on the 4th and final to arrive in the mail, hopefully today. I also taped the new series on CW called the vampire diaries and will watch it today. It is based on the books and I am hoping it is good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll get one of those turtle cakes we had at Holly's baby showers sent to you. That should put on 5 pounds, at least! :-) Glad to hear weight is your biggest concern now - you've come a long way in the last two months!!

Cousin Laura

giggles said...

pizza and beer- i'm telling you kiddo that's where it's at!

I agree with laura-- you've come a HELL OF A LONG WAY in two months! I still thank God every day that you are here!!! Still looking at Oct. 1?

Anonymous said...

Maybe 125 is going to be the new weight your body will be happy at now....Maybe all the stuff that you lost (1 kidney, spleen, etc.) totaled that extra 20 pounds. ;-) How much does a kidney weigh anyway???

If you want to go to Panera or something for lunch someday to get out of the house I'm happy to help...I'm sure they have some yummy desserts to go with the soup & sandwiches that will pack on some major calories!

~ Amy Larson

Jennifer B said...

It may be true that the weight your at will stick that way for a little bit and there is a good chance that even if you regain weight that many of your clothes won't fit exactly the same way. What if you bought just one pair of pants or one outfit? You could always donate it after you are where you want to be but in the meantime you would feel good when you look in the mirror and be more comfy than the tight belt? Just my $.02 :-)

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh dear-- what a flip-ass problem to have?? I am sure that it is as troublesome (if not more) than trying to lose weight.

I think that even though you are bound and determined to get back to your normal weight-- it would do you good to buy some things that fit-- make you feel a little better about the whole thing?

Glad to hear that you are doing better every day though!

Unknown said...

It's been so long since I looked at your blogspot. You came to my mind this morning; I was so anxious to read how you're doing. I'm thrilled for you that your problem is gaining weight!!!! What a pathetic problem =) I can't think of what they are called, but they are round balls wrapped in gold foil. They have tiny nuts in the chocolate coating. They are advertised a lot at Christmastime. I can't eat ONE!!! They are so addictive. They aren't cheap, for sure, and you could put a box away in no time. I'd say "I wish I had your problem", but I sure don't want to go through what you did in order to have your current "problem." I agree: go and get some new clothes that will flatter your new form.
I'm amazed that you're doing so well. God answered our prayers!!

Marcia Clay