Sunday, August 2, 2009

1 month ago today

One month ago today, my terrible accident happened. I thank the lord everyday for allowing me to be here still today and I know all of your guys prayers helped with my recovery. I have come so far in such a short time and even though I wish my progress was farther, I am very thankful for the recovery I have made.

Today was a much better day. I woke up again at a little after 6 just starving again. I started with some applesauce again and then had one of my high calorie protein shakes. That seemed to satisfy me. Then I could hear Landen stirring around 6:30. He never cries when he wakes up, he is such a good boy so I just let him lay there and slowly wake up. Tim had the monitor on so I figured he would eventually get up and get Landen but after a while I realized he was so sound asleep he wasnt going to wake up so I went into Landen's room and decided to try to see if I could lift him and to my surprise it actually wasnt that difficult. Tim finally woke up later to Landen banging his toys on the ground and of course asked how he got out. I dont know if I am suppose to lift 20 lbs yet but I enjoyed being able to take care of him independently. I was even able to change his diaper. My mom came around 9am and helped clean the house. After she left around noon, I got tired and took about a 3 hr nap. The rest of the day I just spent either lounging or playing with Landen. I was able to finally eat real food tonight and wasnt scared to eat it and I ate a lot. I had 3 pieces of pizza tonight and it tasted good. Hopefully I will start to put on some weight. Hope you all had a good Sunday.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear you had such a good day!! Keep up the good progress!!

Love ya!!

Jennifer B. said...

3 pieces of pizza. You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,
Just a big bunch of encouragement to keep doing all the things that help you heal.....that cute baby, and great husband, and wonderful family will keep you going.
I just received an email from Sally (long story about how easy it is to lose touch with people when email addresses change!)....and wanted to send my words of encouragement. I am sure this experience will drastically change the way you view "things medical" as you are able to return to your residency. God's Blessings, Janet Chestnut

wegs said...

I thank the Lord every day for YOU! keep up the awesome recovery-- but don't push yourself too hard! Love ya!!! :D

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh goodness I bet being able to be a normal mommy for a few minutes felt great. I hope that you don't over do it, but I am happy that you were able to do that without any pain!

Yay for progress!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lindsay, not sure if you remember me from Bondurant Farrar or not but this is Mindy Goldsberry (formerly Hedlund). We graduated together. I heard about your accident and was able to google your and find this blog right away. I have read each post now from the beginning up until now and there was just no way I could not comment on how amazed I am in you. You have gone through so, so much and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Take care and God Bless, mindygoldsberry@netzero.com

Debbie Dolash said...

Oh how sweet this is hearing you being the mommy you want to be so badly. Your successes will only be sweeter by the minute holding that beautiful boy! I am so proud of you and only wish I was there to give you a hug in person! Love you bunches! Give that sweet nephew of mine a big hug and kiss!
Keep it up! Miss ya!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay!
Your progress is nothing short of miraculous and we are all so happy for you!
Keep up the hard work, and keep us all informed, please!
You are amazing!
Shawn, Heather, Lennon and Lily Brooks