Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Today is a painful day but I keep having to tell myself it is a good pain, a healing pain. Yesterday I had my 2nd occupational therapy appointment and not only did he work on my arm, but he noticed that my posture was horrific so he stretched and pulled at the muscles of my back and shoulder. I was so worn out after the appointment that I had to pull over halfway home and just lay back and relax before I drove the rest of the way home and I don't even live that far from the hospital. So of course I woke up this morning with very sore muscles. I also walked 1/2 mile yesterday on the treadmill without stopping at 2.8mph. Most of you are probably thinking, oh wow 1/2 mile, not much there but for me and the condition I am in, this is a huge accomplishment for me and I was very proud of myself. Course I immediately collapsed on the couch for a while immediately afterward but I did it non the less. Today is a day of relaxing since all I have is a visiting nurse appointment this afternoon and I have another round of therpy tomorrow along with my psych appointment so it is going to be a long tiring day tomorrow.

10 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Rest up! Sounds like you need & deserve it!

Cameron said...

I got winded walking half a mile to Starbucks while talking on the phone, so, bravo.

Anonymous said...

Some people don't exercise AT ALL, so don't feel down about doing 1/2 mile, that is really great. Keep up the good work and take care!!!

Maya said...

Keep up the great work Lindsay! Sending you lots of positive thoughts! Maya

Anonymous said...

I think walking a half mile in your condition is awesome! I walked one mile on the treadmill and was dying after, so you are doing great! Take care of yourself! Have a great day tomorrow!!!

Tammy Shivers

Unknown said...

You are doing AWESOME!! I am seriously so amazed and inspired by your ability to keep at it. keep it up! Juliana

Anonymous said...

i wish both physical and emotional therapies were easy, but they aren't. please keep plugging along and remember that there are folks who read about you and your blog that are rooting for you, 100% of the way.

take care &with love

--kris moulden

Elisa said...

You are truly doing amazing Lindsay! I am awed and inspired with your determination. Keep it up!!

Unknown said...

Go Lindsay!! You realize you have a bazillion loving cheerleaders every time you hop on the treadmill? Hey, speaking of which - I like these pom poms, but who can I talk to about getting a skirt that fits?

Love,
Jonathan

Heather said...

Hey chiquita banana, haven't seen a post in a couple days. Hope things are going well over there!!