Monday, August 3, 2009

Bad day

Just a brief note so you all don't think I am in the hospital, at least not yet that is. Today has been a very rough day for me. Didn't sleep worth a damn last night for no particular reason. Visiting nurse arrived and said I wasn't eating nearly enough so I took her suggestions and it just went down hill from there. After the 2 o'clock protein shake, I started feeling nauseas, vomitted and have had severe stomach aches. I don't think my body is ready for so much food yet, I am going to go back to taking it slow and just eat in the middle of the night when my body is hungry so i don't wake up starving. My JP drain has also turned a darker color and more of it so the nurse made a call to the doctor and he was okay with it. He also said it was okay to continue to pick up landen so I will continue to do that once I feel better again. Hopefully if I stick to it of eating at night when I wake up hungry, then my mornings won't be so bad anymore. I always thought I would love the day someone told me to eat 2500 calories a day and mix everything with ice cream if needed. It is harder than I expected. Pray that this is only a brief sickness and tomorrow is a better day. I missed another whole day of Landen's life because I spent it nauseas in bed. I don't want to miss anymore, too many have been missed already.

6 comments:

wegs said...

slow and steady wins the race. have you tried eating every 3 hours (just like a snack)?

remember your stomach hasn't eaten in a month and has likely shrunken so it will just take time.

you're going to have your up and down days- you know that. one step forward, 2 back for awhile. keep your spirits up and your eyes on the prize.
<3 ya!

Heather said...

{{Hugs}} Hoping today is much better!!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I hope today is much better for you!!

Shawna said...

You are a strong person! Keep your chin up! I hope this week is a happy and good week for you!

Anonymous said...

I agree with eating during the night if you have too, even something small like 1/2 a PB sandwich will keep something in your system so you don't wake up starving. I used to do this when I was pregnant & I think it helped keep the morning sickness at bay. I think you are smart to eat small amounts more often than a lot all at once, too much heavy foods all at once would surely upset anyone's tummy, let alone a stomach that has undergone as much trauma as yours. If you eat every 4 hours around the clock you should be able to get your 2500 calories in and not feel like you just left an all you can eat buffet.
Hang in there!
Amy L.

Julie said...

Lindsay - I'm thinking of you ... best of luck with the whole eating thing and I hope you can figure out a few things to eat and not get sick! I'm glad you got some pizza the other day!! I started my rotations already and am surgery, wow, definitely not my career path but it has been intersting to see things after just 2 days and I keep thinking of you. I am so proud of how far you have come and I know you can be strong and pull through!! Miss you!!!! - Julie