Friday, August 7, 2009

Update on me

I decided to try to post my update earlier tonight since lately, 8pm hits and I am comp;etely zoonked.

As I posted before, Wednesday morning, I had my orthopedics appointment then I went to my psychtherapy appointment. We basically talked about what has been giving me anxiety. I told her I have a lot of anxiety about eating still so we are going to try some Ativan 30 minutes before I eat to see if that helps. I am finding it difficult because when I wake up in the morning, I am starving and dont feel like I can wait 30 minutes to eat and then throughout the day I just munch here and there. The only time I feel it really could work is at dinner. I was given homework to jot down when I have my anxiety so maybe we can pin point it to a certain event/s
After those 2 appointments, I went home and crashed.

Thursday was my physical therapy and occupational therapy appointment. I was so worried what they were going to do during the appointment that I sent myself into a panic attack which then made me late to my appointment as I tried to calm myself down. Physical therapy wasn't bad, he just gave me some stretches to do for my back and told me to start getting exercise. Occupational therapy was a lot harder. He would stretch my fingers and hand and wrist to their maximum and thn massage over the scar where they were pulling from. It actually didn't hurt as bad during the whole thing but today my arm is throbbing. Once again, after my appointments, I was exhausted.

Today I only had one appointment. It was my trauma appointment. It was basically a waste of time. He listened to my heart and lungs. Looked at the drainage and said we will just continue to watch it. Good news hopefully is that the drainage is decreasing lately, I just hope it means it is actually decreasing and not just moved and is not collecting the area anymore. I have another CT scan coming up that I guess will determine that.

Well that is all my updates for the week. I am going to try to spend some time on the treadmill this weekend as I will not be walking outside since it is suppose to be 90+ degrees out. Hope you all stay cool this weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay girl...glad to hear that your feeling better....I'm no Dr. or expert, but this mom would tell you to eat small amounts every 2 hrs. while you are awake, and why don't you try baby food...it's pack with nutrients and easy for the stomach to digest...I'm sure Landen would be glad to share...and remember the blender works wonders! Refrain from the spicy stuff for awhile. And please take it slow, start out lifting 5# weights. We don't want you too pull something loose. OK!
God is working miracles in your body, give him time...Luv ya bunches......Jo

Heather said...

So good to hear from you!! Keep up the good work!! You have come so far. I am so proud! You are a rock star!!

Love Ya!!

Anonymous said...

Good news, It sounds like all reports are positive. A friends mother suggested Pediolyte as nutritious and full of vitamins that was made to stay down. I have no idea how it tastes as I only gave it to the boys. Baby food was also suggested. Seems obvious and don't know why we didn't think of it since you have it in your pantry. Have you tried it?
Stay cool today. I'll talk to you soon. Cindy

Anonymous said...

i mentioned babyfood while you were still at methodist. you used to eat it in high school...mmmm delicious. i'll be calling you today or tomorrow to check in. hope you're having a super day!!
<3 ya!
wegs