Saturday, July 18, 2009

1st night and day home

Well last night we made it home. It was so nice to be home in my own bed. The last few nights in the hospital, I really wasnt getting any sleep. I would either wake up every half hour to 45 mins in either pain or anxiety and not be able to fall back asleep. Last night was so much better. I slept staight till I either had to pee or take meds. Around 3, I woke up and just had to move so I put on my turtle shell and walked out to the kitchen for some water and a protein shake. I laid on the couch and watched some TV and fell right asleep. I woke up at 4:30 and went back to bed till Landen woke us up. I am still realy saddened by the fact that I cant hold him. When he was crawling around on the ground this morning, if he would start crying, I could do nothing for him. The visiting nurse came today to assess me. So far she thinks I am doing well but, like me is concerned with my high heart beat (120's). It has been like this since being in the hospital but nobody would tell me why they weren't concerned. She is going to try to call the doctor and find out. Other than that, the pain is undercontrol. I have occasional bouts of random crying which I guess is to be expected with all that I have gone through. Pray that each day gets better, that I slowly regain function of my left hand and someday soon I will get to hold my precious boy again.

Thank you all once again for everything you have done for me and all the prayers you have sent my way. God has truly given me a miricle and I cant even fathom where I am going to begin repaying you all

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are at home and resting well. I am sure it has to be wonderful to be at home! We will have to come and see you when we are in Iowa in a few weeks. Delaney wants to know if you will be ready to ride the gators and go ride a horse when she is home!

Stacey

Jacki Sullivan ( clasen) said...

I am so glad that you are home LIndsay! It is a blessing.... I cant even imgaine the kind of pain you are in, but from what i have read you seem to be doing ok!! hang in there and be strong, and before you know it, you will be on the floor playing with Landen!! I am so thankful to God for looking over you during this.... It is just amazing that you are at home and doing ok!!!!

angmck said...

So great to hear you are home already! You are amazing, I can't believe how fast you are progressing with all you have been through, and with that you'll be able to hold your little guy in to time!

dustin robben said...

glad that you are home. it will get better just give it time. landen is adorable saw him for the first time. i pray for you everyday and check this at least 3 times a day. you are a great friend and i know things will get better and you will be fine
dusty

Anonymous said...

WOW! Still hard to imagine that you are "home", Lindsay, after all of your serious injuries. You are definitely a walking miracle. Time is a big healer (as you are already seeing) and patience is difficult when you mentally want to start taking giant steps. Be kind to yourself and enjoy your progress one day at a time. One day soon you will be holding Landon, moving about without your back brace and returning to U of I to continue your residency. Hang in there, Sweetie. You are one for the record books and your resilience is amazing. I am so proud of you! Prayers and well wishes continue on your behalf.

Cindy Tendall

P.S. Are you in your new home?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being home! It's amazing that you are there so soon! You are such a tough girl. Keep progressing and in no time you will be holding Landen. I'm sure he misses you holding him too. Keep up the great work... and keep us posted too!

You're in our prayers-
Carrie Bailey-Boyer

Jennifer B. said...

Yaay! Keep writing!

Anonymous said...

So glad that you are home Lindsay! It is truly a blessing that you have made it through all of this. Keep strong and in no time you will be able to crawl around with Landen and hold him again! Keep us posted on your progress! We are still thinking of you!

-Krystal Kromrie

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I am so happy to 'hear' from you... I am sure that being at home will be ahuge adjustment... but very well worth it. I pray every day is better then the one before.

Keep it Lindsay!