Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7th, 7:00 AM

Lindsay had a really long night last night. She was in a lot of pain and spent most of her night coughing up phlegm. My mom said that it started around midnight with her calling out for her and then about one they did another nebulizer treatment on her.

My mom said she was a champ through the whole thing. They put the little mat underneath of her and it pounded away and the whole time she didn't make a sound. She is conscious enough now that her doctor training has started to kick in. She knows what they are doing is to help her and she is letting them do it even though she doesn't like it.

After the nebulizer treatment she was up every 30 - 60 minutes with phlegm and coughing. My mom said she is so much herself now that at 2:30 she asked my mom what time it was and when she told her Lindsay's response was "Jesus Christ!!" As in how the hell is it only 2:30 when I've already been up this much. That's my Lindsay!! :-)

Her one major concern at this point is the fact that she can't focus in one of her eyes. They said that the pressure of being squeezed could have caused some temporary or permanent issues. They are going to raise the concerns with her doctor this morning and it could be as simple as just getting her glasses or more time to heal.

She is also now telling the doctors which drugs to use on her. She is monitoring her own morphine intake and limiting it to one hour. They discussed increasing it this morning and she told them in NO uncertain terms do NOT increase my morphine.

So they are talking about increasing her fentynol just slightly and she was ok with that.

One more thing, she did look at my mom last night and ask if this was because of the semi and my mom said yes. That is all that was said but it is apparent that she may remember something, we are just not sure how much and we don't want to push her about it right now.

Please keep your prayers coming for her to be able to control her pain and continue to recover day by day!!

8 comments:

Wegs said...

Praise God! Keep going Lindsay I'm stoked to hear you are doing so well. I will be there Thursday to help you in whatever way you need.

Words can't begin to express how I feel- God is Good- All the time!

Unknown said...

Although not all the news is pretty, it is great to hear that Lindsay is progressing so quickly. It sounds more & more like the Lindsay that I got to know in Kirksville. Great work & support, everyone. And Lindsay, before you know it you will be on the other side of the bedrail!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

She is awesome. Lindsay you are an inspiration.

Jennifer Brooks said...

I've been racking my brain trying to think of what to DO to help. It dawned on me in the middle of the night that if the people reading this blog make a commitment to donate blood in the next 3 months it would be a way of honoring and thanking all of those who donated the blood who helped saved Lindsay's life when she was first brought to the hospital and had to have so many pints of blood. What do you think? Can we do it?

Wolvers said...

Wow Lindsay, you rock girl! To know enough to tell the Doctors what to put you on is an inspiration. I can only imagine the pain you are in, and to be taking it as well as you are is AWESOME. Heather thanks for keeping us all updated so well. You have a huge fan base following your progress and praying overtime for you. It's like a mini highschool reunion on here, seeing all the class names is awesome too. Here's to a fast recovery.
Anna Wolvers

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I can't say enough how amazing and strong you are! You go girl!!! Your progress to date is nothing short of amazing and I consider myself in great company to be in your huge fan base. Keep up the good work! As always, thank you, Heather for your dedicated efforts to keep everyone informed. I checkt his site many times daily. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy Tendall

DGCC said...

All of us at Dubuque Golf and Country Club are praying for Lindsay!! We send our love to the whole family!!

Thank you, Heather, for the updates!

Sandy said...

We are keeping your family in our thoughts & prayers.

Legacy Bank employees