Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Another day, another step forward

Good news today is I think my pain is starting to lessen because I felt over medicated today. I take 3 Oxycotin tabs at 8 am and after that today I just felt like my head was floating all day. Since Oxycotin is long acting pain relief I unfortunately felt like that all day, but didnt have to take any Percocet today so tomorrow I am going to try to only take two and see how I feel and use the Percocet for breakthrough pain if I need it.

The one stressfull thing I am dealing with right now is trying to find a therapist just to talk about all this to since my memories of it are so vivid. I have called the office for 2 days now, trying to get an appointment and have left messages but nobody has called me back. You would think when you are dealing with someone's mental emotions you would call them back. Tomorrow Landen has his 9 month appointment at the hospital. I think I will find the psych clinic and just show up demanding an appointment. They can't ignore me then.

The one thing that made me really happy today was we put Landen in his walker on the kitchen floor for the first time and he learned how to push himself backwards in circles around the floor and the he would run into walls and keep pushing and whining until we would turn him around and he would get going again. It was so much fun just watching him go.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Absolutely. Show up and don't leave until you have one of those cards in your hand!! I can't believe they haven't called you back!!

Glad to see the pain is getting better!!

Love ya!! You're doing GREAT!!

Connie said...

When your mom and us kids were young, Grandma Price would instruct us to accomplish some task for her, and then she would close with, 'and if they give you trouble, just tell them your Grandma is Jess Price.' She would not let anyone deny her wishes.....and so when you fight for your care, tell them Jess is your Great Grandma and she said to help you! I'm sure it will work!!! Love ya .....

Anonymous said...

I know the girl who is the receptionist at our clinic at St.Luke's so I could get her to call you back ASAP if you wanted to drive to Cedar Rapids for an appointment...

Not sure how your UI insurance works but I know you could get in faster than waiting for a university appointment.

Glad your pain is improving though!
-Amy Larson

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Yep. I think just showing up is the best route to take too. Glad to hear that your pain is lessoning... and how great that Landon has found a new form of entertainment... and so have you!

Lindsay said...

I have to use the university with my insurance to get it 100% covered but thanks

Anonymous said...

I thought you probably did....
hang in there! Give me a yell if you need anything.

- Amy

Anonymous said...

Lindsay - I am so glad to see you are progressing in your recovery. I have thought of you often since hearing about your accident and pray for you daily. I haven't been able to communicate with you because I don't always have internet access but I want you to know I am thinking of you. I'm sure that determination that was always very evident in you will be a driving force in your recovery. I'm with Heather -- go to the clinic tomorrow and give 'em hell!
Kris Whalen

erica said...

baby steps for you and landen!! hooray. :D

remember, you aren't in this alone. Love you!!!!

Ann M. said...

It was great to see you today, Lindsay, however briefly. All of us interns are here for you whenever and however you need us. Keep plugging away,

Ann

Unknown said...

It was AMAZING to see you today. Looking up and seeing you standing there was the best part of my day! Landon is adorable. :)