Sunday, July 26, 2009

Sunday Recap

Today has been a REALLY tough day for Lindsay. She is mentally worn down and ready to just be done and go home. She has been sick to her stomach a lot even though the feeding tube is bypassing her stomach.

They had been trying to give her meds orally which I think was upsetting her stomach so they decided they would try to put those in her feeding tube.

She had a visit from the Neurosurgeon and he said he is pretty sure there is a fracture in one of her vertebrae so she had to continue to wear the turtle shell brace for another couple of weeks. They also looked at her arm today and said that the nerve will only heal about 1 mm per day and so it could take a couple months for it to heal and 3 - 6 months for her to regain full usage.


They took a sample of the fluid coming out of her JP Tube and are sending it off to test the levels. If they come back low they could possibly take the JP Tube out as early as tomorrow but they are not really giving her any answers as to how long the feeding tube will be in after they remove the JP tube. Best she could get from them was anywhere from 2 days to 6 weeks.

Overall, I think it was just a tough day for her. My mom said she broke down when Tim left and again when they left. She is tired of being in pain, tired of feeling sick and just wants to go home.

Any thoughts and prayers that you would have for her tonight I'm sure would be appreciated.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Linds! I'm rootin for ya from Baltimore. I'm gearing up to do a bone marrow donation tomorrow for a guy who has the same disease my Dad did...crazy how life works out. Anyway, while I'm hooked up to the tubes tomorrow, I'll be hoping that your tubes come out soon. Hang in there! Love, jt

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh dear. sorry to hear that she continues to struggle... We are all still praying for her and thinking about her often!

Anonymous said...

Google search for What foods settle the stomach?

The following answer came from here

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/10707

Bland anything is important, usually crackers or dry toast.

I am a HUGE advocate for ginger, however. I would cut a piece of ginger root and chew and swallow. Before I had my gall bladder out, it was the only thing that would calm the nauseafrom the gall stones.

Interesting, have they checked Lindsay's gall blader? Maybe it could be making her sick??? Not a doctor but ...just want her to recover soon

Wishing Lindsay the best of a quick recovery

Summer said...

We continue to think about you every day and hope that they can figure out the cause of this soon so you can go home! Wishing you well from Florida,
Summer, Alex, Blake and Zander

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. Hang in there for Tim & Landon. Here is hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.
Aunt Sue

Julie said...

Lindsay! I am thinking of you!! You can do it, you are so strong and I know you will get thru this rought patch!! I miss you!! Take care and I'm so glad you have your family there to be with you!

Julie