Saturday, July 18, 2009

1st Trip to the ER

And I wasnt the patient.

Landen was fussy this AM and felt warm. 99.7, so we figured he was just teathing again. We gave him some Mortin and seemed to be doing better. Still a little fussier than normal but like I said, we just chalked it up teething. Tim and Landen went grocery shopping and when they got back, Tim put Landen down for a nap and went outside to do yard work. I fell asleep on the couch for a while and when I woke up, I realized Landen had been sleeping for a while so I decided to go check on him. I put my trutle shell on and opened his door and saw him stiring so I walked around his crib and the minute he saw me, he just started crying. I put my hand down on him to tell him he was okay and I was going to go get daddy to get him and he was burning up. Of ourse my high level of anxiety kicked in and I started panicing because I couldnt do anything about it. I started crying hysterically and couldn't stop. I walked outside and started yelling for Tim. I couldn't find him and of course in he mean time the cat gets outside the door. I tried to chase her in but she just ran off the deck. I left her and went to the front of the house and started yelling for Tim. Still couldn't find him and still crying hysterically. I went back inside going to try his phone when he finally appeared. Don't know where he came from. Luckily the cat let him walk right up to her and he got her in. Then he picked up Landen and took his temp. 103.0 and I start crying more. I said he needed to go to the ER, I wasnt going to take chances since he has been visiting me in the hospital, who knows what he could of picked up. I also knew if I didnt go with, my anxiety would be worse so I said I was going, I didnt know where any shoes were so I threw on my slippers that I left the hospital in yesturday. The whole way there I couldn't stop crying. I just felt this was all my fault that he picked up something from visiting me. By the time we got to the ER I had started to calm down but now I was in a lot of pain from all the anxiety. Found out he has an ear infection. Felt bad that they were having to wheel around the non-patient in the wheelchair. Picked up Landen's prescription and went home. Now I am on the couch trying to relax and be calm and Landen has gone to bed for the evening. Not something I really looked forward to dealing with on my 1st day home. Hopefully I will sleep well tonight.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Lindsay! You sound like such a great mommy! I am sure that was so scary! It's a good thing it wasn't anything too serious! Hopefully he will heal fast so you won't have any more anxiety! Good luck. Take care! God bless!

Tammy Shivers

Anonymous said...

Linsay..I am so sorry so much on your first night home..I know all too well how scary it can be when they get sick..but I can't even begin to imagine how it must be in addition to everything you are going through..But..did I hear you say in there that he is CRAWLING!!!!..YAY!!..you have had many thoughts and prayers coming your way from allof us here at daycare..you are an amazing person..Please know we are all here if you need anything at all..and Mr. Landen is always welcome here..please let us know when you are feeling up to it we would love to come visit and bring dinner for you all..Carrie

Unknown said...

What great news: I miss 2 days of reading the blog, and you are home taking care of "regular" things. I know your recovery is far from over, but it is such a relief that you have made it so far in such a short period of time. Keep up the great work!
Paul

Belinda said...

Dear Lindsay, I am so glad that you are home. All of us here in Davenport are praying for your continued recovery. Keep on healing!

Belinda Holbrook

Heather said...

I hope Mr. Landen man is feeling better. I'm also so glad that you are continuing to use this space to keep everyone update on how things are going.

Hopefully you will find strength through all the people who are supporting you!!

Love you and sorry I couldn't be there today!! Didn't think you wanted the flu to go with everything else you have going on!!

Call if you ever need anything, even if it's just to cry!!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh my goodness... I am so sorry that you cannot pick him up right now, what a terrible feeling to have. but my goodness he must just love haveing you around again. For you, it must be very nice to able to be there with them to experience the day to day and out of the hospital.

I am sure the high anxiety is very normal... I hope that you are able to get some rest!

Jessica said...

Oh "Inny" I can't imagine doing all that with my healthy-not-just-released-from-the-hospital-body. You are amazing!!

Absolutely amazing....keep going - you can do this. And even though there are parts of your recovery that are difficult not being able to do what you would like such as hold Landen; take advantage of the aspects you don't want to be doing like laundry and toilet scrubbing! :)

Soon....Soon... you and Landen will be reunited the way you first knew!

Anonymous said...

AWWW that sucks that he's sick, you're doing so well so keep the blogs coming... I check them every single day....your repayment to all of us is that you fought and you're still here with us and we're all sooo grateful for that. You're a rock star!
Hope you get some rest tonite :)
Neha

Julie said...

I am so sorry to hear about Landen!! I wish I was closer and could have tried to help you out!! You are doing a great job and I know this hard for you, but you can do it! You have Tim and your family who have been so supportive! I am there with you in spirit! Take care and good luck with everything!!! Miss you!