Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5th, 10:00 AM

Today is a rough day for Lindsay. They are having trouble keeping her heart rate down as they try to wean her off of the ventilator so they have limited her visitors to just Tim, my mom and my dad.

For the past three days they have been using her sedation medication to control her heart rate and keep it low but now they would like to be able to bring her out of sedation to be able to get her off of the ventilator. To do this she has to endure a great amount of pain. When she is in pain her heart rate goes up.

She is also fighting a fever today. It is low grade but still somewhat of a concern. When they take her blanket off it goes down but then she shivers so they put it on and it goes back up.

Please pray that her pain will be limited and that she is able to manage whatever is causing her fever.

I'll keep you posted as often as I can today but since we are not able to see her my updates will be limited to when my parents or Tim come out for breaks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, So sorry to hear about your tragic accident. I am praying for you, and keeping up on your blog. Thank you Heather, for doing this for you sis. The people at Berwick Congregational Church are all praying for your speedy recovery. Kathy Hansen, a neighbor.