Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24th, 8:15 PM

I just got off the phone with Lindsay. I was amazed when I called to actually get to talk to my sister again. For so long it has sounded like it was so painful for her to speak and move about but tonight she sounded alert, alive and awake. Sort of like her old self.

Landen and Tim were there and she was laughing at Landen and seemed to be in very good spirits.

They stopped the tube feeding once after she got sick this morning and then started it again. Then had to stop it this afternoon when they found out it was pumping too much air in so according to Lindsay at the moment the main reason they are keeping her is to try to get the tube feedings regulated.

She seems to feel like once they get that done they will send her home, with the tube. Possibly by Sunday or Monday.

As much as she has resisted the tube I think it has done wonders for her mentally and physically. She's not stressed about eating enough because he knows she is getting it and her body has all the nutrients it needs to start really healing.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a continuation of this evenings good news and this setback will soon be behind her.

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh that is great news! I am sure that she was afraid that she might be there longer and that cannot be on the list of things that she wants to do!

I hope that she is released to go back home soon!

Linda G said...

I usually read a whole week of this at a time....and I get exhausted for Lindsay just reading it. What an incredible will and stamina she has. Although she may be weak in her body right now, her strength is amazing. I will keep checking in, and praying for you all. Heather, you are doing a terrific job keeping us all up to date. I hope that writing it all down is somewhat cathartic for you too, and it is an outlet for so many emotions you have. Thank you so much.

Linda Gimnich
Dallas, TX

Linda G said...

PS.....please say "HI" for us give our love to Debbie and her family too!