Friday, July 3, 2009

What We Know

Somewhere around 8:00 PM on July 2nd Lindsay was at our parent's house. A semi pulled in and she decided to try to help unload it. The details after this are a bit sketchy but somehow she was pinned between the semi and a loading dock.

The left side of her body was crushed. Her left arm is broken in three places and will require surgery to fix the bones, tendons and nerves. Several of her ribs are broken and her diaphragm was ruptured.

Her spleen was ruptured and had to be removed. Her left kidney was ripped from the blood vessels that supply it and also had to be removed. Her pancreas was ruptured and half of it was removed.

As of right now her stomach and intestines were bruised and severed from several blood vessels but they think they have repaired it and will not have to take part of her intestines. However, they said only time will tell on this.

She received over 45 units of blood in the operating room.

At the moment she is in ICU on a ventilator and heavily sedated. She is so swollen that her incision could not be closed and will have to remain open until another surgery can be done.

If you pray... please pray for her now.

If you do not.... please start.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I know you are in so much pain, I will be praying for you and a healthy recovery. All of my blessings and best wishes dear. You are a tough girl, you can do this...
Nicole Thomas (Nikki Roberts)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I'll be praying for a heathly recovery. You're little boy loves you and needs his mommy. All of my blessing for you. You can do this, like Nikki said, you are a tough girl!
Lacie Haynes (Lacie White)

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, Heather I am so so sorry to hear this. I am praying with every ounce of my being for your sister to recover completely. My thoughts are with you and your family right now, I am praying for all of you to be strong for yourselves and for Lindsay.

Hendrik Schultz for the Internal Medicine Program, UI said...

Lindsay and you are in all our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay & Tim - know that you are in our prayers. We question what God's plan is in all of this. Get better and come home and take care of that beautiful baby boy! Linda & Jim

Anonymous said...

Tim - My thoughts and prayers are with you and Lindsay. What Hospital is Lindsay in? Joan Wagner

Robert said...

Dr Rees (Robert) We are all deeply saddened and concerned by this devastating news. You are in our thoughts and prayers and if there is anything I can do please let me know. I can be reached through Brenda Coulter at Trinity Terrace Park. God Bless and wishes for a speedy recovery!