Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7th, 9:00 PM

Lindsay has slowly regained consciousness throughout the afternoon and by this evening was pretty aware of everything that was going on. She was able to explain to my parents how the accident happened and I think that kind of helped them to just know and now be able to move on.

She had her MRI tonight and all went well. All she had to say about it was that it was boring. They should give her the results tomorrow some time and once they know if her spine needs a brace or not I believe they will begin planning her move out of ICU.

She was able to ask Tim about Landen and talk about being upset about missing his first tooth.

She is tolerating her feedings well and so far they have not indicated there is a problem with any of her organs.

They did have to give her a shot of insulin today but they said that could have just been the shock from the accident and her pancreas may pickup the slack here once it starts to heal.

Other than that she had pushed her morphine button when I talked to Tim and asked him to let her know when 10 minutes was up so she could push it again and go to sleep.

Hopefully she will have a peaceful night tonight and be able to begin the long road of healing tomorrow.

5 comments:

erica said...

This song sums up so much right now.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know you are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

(Chorus:)
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

(Chorus)

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You.

Matt Redman "You Never Let Go."

Thank you Lord for not letting go.

Jen said...

Any chance that you are going to share the story of what happened? We load livestock on our farm and to be honest, I'm rather scared to help and watch after what happened to Lindsay!

maja barnett said...

so how did the accident happen?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear how great she is doing!!! I have been following this blog every day and have been keeping her in my thoughts and prayers every day! When you read this blog from the first day to today you see the wonderful works of prayer and god!

P.S.
She is lucky to have such a great and caring sister!!
Nikki Hernandez Howard

Jaime said...

Let her know that I know it must be difficult to miss a baby's "first" but there will be many, MANY more and the most important part of this process is that she get better for him so she can continue to watch him grow. She really is a fighter and very lucky to be alive from the sounds of all her injuries. God Bless!