Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10th, 11:30 PM

Today has been a big day for Lindsay. When I got here this morning she told me they wouldn't let her get her hair washed but sister Heather had other things to say about that.

First thing I did was kick Dad and Tim out to go get some breakfast and Lindsay and I had some girl time. I read her all of the facebook comments and private emails I have received while she told me about the "little friends" that have been visiting her.

I asked the nurse about this and she said it is perfectly normal for the heavy amount of pain killers that she is one. The positive thing is that she KNOWS she's hallucinating. So at least she doesn't think they are real.

After I read her the e-mails and she drank her breakfast I talked to the nurse and told her if they didn't wash her hair I was going to do it so her and I devised a plan. They have a special hair washing board that they use and so they found that and her other nurse came in and washed her hair.

It took quite a while and a lot of shampoo (I brought some good stuff) but he got her hair washed and conditioned and then she got a sponge bath, new sheets and a new gown. Then she asked me to clean out her nails so I did that and got them clipped and filed.

After her bath I got her hair all brushed out and we found a blow dryer and got her hair blow dried out a bit.

The doctor came by and said that there is too much fluid still draining today so she will have to keep her chest tube for another day. This means that she will have to stay in bed again today because they can't put the back brace on her until the tube is out.

After we got her fully beautified Tim's mom brought Landen over and right now they are having some family time, just the three of them. I think having Landen here will really help her spirits.

Over all I think she is having a pretty busy, but good day so far. She will need a nap this afternoon. :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so great, I am glad to hear that she is doing well! I bet she was so happy to see her little boy! We are still praying for her to get strong and her recovery.

Mike and Tracy (Shaw) Backus

Jessica said...

You have officially won the sister award!
I hope you to Heather, have learned many things from this. Possibly that you don't have to wait for something tragic to happen for you to tell your sister exactly how you feel and do all these wonderful things for her you have enjoyed doing so much.
I think too often people assume their loved ones know how they feel.
It is wonderful seeing this close bond you both are sharing. Enjoy every minute of it! Be thankful you have a wonderful sister...both of you!
Lindsay....chin up girl - you will be out of that bed before no time and you have come so far so fast to look back. I am truly amazed by your fight and your courage. Thank god for you and the miracle he gives us everyday through your recovery!
Love you girls!!

Robyn said...

My name is Robyn Siroky, and I work in the Communications & Marketing office at the ATSU Arizona Campus. I've been following your blog, and am so encouraged to hear how much better Lindsay seems to be doing. She's part of our ATSU family, and we are cheering for her out here in HOT, HOT Arizona. Lindsay, hang in there - you are clearly blessed with a wonderful and loving family to take care of you!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Oh go heather! I am sure that having herslef freshened and cleaned up lifted her spirits and then of course Landen will just be icing on the cake!

Keep it up Lindsay! You are doing great!

deb and norm said...

Hi Heather,

Thank you for the detailed updates. Lindsay has been my top prayer priority since we first heard the news last Friday.

I will continue to pray for Lindsay, Tim, Landan, and your entire family.

Please call if we can help in any way.

love,

Deb and Norm McCleary

P.S. Tell Lindsay I hope to see her in center field next reunion!!

J Hall said...

We're keeping you in our prayers and following the updates! I am so glad you got to see your little guy today and he got to see you! Many blessings! Jayce (Anderson), Rob, Cody, Ayden, and Gracey Hall

Unknown said...

Lindsay,
These blog posts just keep getting better and better! I'm so proud of you for fighting so hard, and I am absolutely amazed at how far you've come in just a few short days! I've been telling everyone I know all about you because you are such a miracle. My prayers are still with you as you continue to recover.

Shannon Haught
ATSU Class of 2009