Monday, July 20, 2009

Today was a better day

I feel today was a better day I feel. I still woke up in the middle of the night with some pain and hunger so I ate one of my nutritional shakes and took some meds and went back to bed. I woke up again at 6 with some pain but it wasnt time for meds yet so I put my shell on and went to the living room, put an ice pack on my back and a heating pad on my stomach and was able to sleep again till 8. I am trying harder to eat more during the day so that I may stop waking up in hunger but I still have that feeling that the minute I start eating I feel absolutely stuffed and cant eat more than a couple of bites. I am able to get down my nutritional shakes so that I am trying to keep up my calories but I wish I could eat normal food. I feel like a gastric by-pass patient. Any suggestions on how to get myself to eat more would be great. I just don't know what to do but give it time. The pain has been decent today. The eyesight is much better, if not back to almost normal. Pray for a goodnight and another better day of healing tomorrow.

Thanks for the prayers from the previous post. He is out of ICU and in a normal room. He has a lot of pain still so please pray that they are able to get his pain under control.

Goodnight for now.

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Try to bulk up your calories in smaller volume - like, add butter to everything that it's not too weird with. Don't eat low cal-dense food like fruits/veggies too much, or eat them early in the day so you can have more calories easier close to HS. Think: diet in reverse ;) Good luck! Glad to hear you're getting progressively (even if more slowly than you'd like) better :)

Heather said...

So good to hear from you again today!! I'm glad that you are slowly starting to get your pain under control. I'm sure it has to be frustrating.

Sending you as much love and hugs as I can from all the way over here!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay -
I'm glad you've continued posting on your progress & hope you continue to improve day by day. I'm sure you are so glad just to be back home with your family even if you can't pick up Landen yet, at least you are there to see all the smiles! ;-)
Please don't hesitate to give me a call or send me a message. My # is in the book. I only work part-time & am more than happy to come over & help you out with anything you or the baby might need on my days off.
:-) Amy (Mangum) Larson

erica said...

wow that's weird seeing a post from your sister!

glad to hear you are doing better--- hooray for the eyesight being almost back to normal :)

Jessica said...

My aunt and a close family friend both had Gastric Bypass and what you are explaining does sound like what they went through.

I know for both of them they ate a lot of liquid substance food: jello, soup, applesauce etc. working up to solid food.

But like you it just took time to work up to eating more normal.

You are doing so great! Keep going "Inny" you can do this!!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay it is so good to hear that you are making progress - we all keep our fingers crossed and pray for you - you are missed here.Hendrik

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, its so amazing to see you doing so well. You are a very strong and determined woman. It has to be so hard on you. But being home definitely has to be a great progress! And being able to be w/you two amazing guys in your life! You just being there to witness what your little guy does every day is always the best! And soon you will get to hold him again. My son had a high temp like that too w/an ear infection, the things that make a mother worry. I'm right there with you. Kids are always a great inspiration. My two kids keep me smiling and laughing daily. Always in aww over the little things. Keep up the great work! Take it day by day. You're a blessing! And still will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep going, you can do this!

Lacie 'White' Haynes