Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6th, 9:00 PM

Just talked to My Dad & Tim. My Dad told me that while the nebulizer treatment was hell on her she took it like a trooper. She knew she had to do it and she coughed like a champ to get it over with.

Tim told me Lindsay has had a bath and is resting comfortably this evening. She has been able to talk to him but mostly in little commands about what hurts or what needs to be moved. At this point I think all of us are just glad she is in there but also want to make her pain go away.

We are sure she has a long fight ahead of her but we know she can do it. The next few weeks are going to be the hardest of her life but I have faith that she can do this and she will come out better for it, in some way I can't see now, on the other side.

3 comments:

coultersoforion said...

Heather,
Thank you for creating this blog.

I just found out this evening about Lindsay's accident and this blog. My name is Brenda and I was one of Lindsay's clinical rotation coordinator's at Trinity in Bettendorf, IA. I am so shocked by this news, but am glad to hear she is progressing well. Lindsay is pretty tough. Please tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers at Trinity. Please also give little Landon a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

We feel so bad that you are having to go through this horrible pain Lindsay. You are a toughie though and we both know you will give it all you have and fight through the pain. Just know that there are so many praying and thinking of you through this ordeal. Be strong.
Jerry and Mary Johnson

TerrI Strobl said...

Hey Heather, MANY MANY thanks to you for all you work on this blog, youre great at it and it sure helps keep us at home informed. Lindsey has come SO far already that i know she'll be up and running soon! You and your family are in our prayers!
Your stylist,
Terri
Keep up the HARD work Lindsey, you can and WILL do it!!