Friday, July 24, 2009

July 24th, 11:30 AM

I just spoke to Lindsay on the phone. She said that she was able to keep her counseling appointment for this morning that she fought so hard to get. They just wheeled her right over there and she felt like it helped. They wanted to give her some medicine but she said she doesn't want anything right now, just someone to talk to. So that's what she's doing, just going to talk to someone to help get through the next few weeks.

When I talked to her she said that she had just gotten sick so they had turned the feedings off for a bit to let her settle down. There is nothing in her stomach so I was confused as to how that could be making her ill but apparently even though the food is all going straight to her intestines it can still have some affect on making her feel ill.

Either way, she had to let me go because it was nap time. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping watch and still praying in MN.

M. Lundeen

Anonymous said...

Boy, did I have some catching up to do! I got busy right after you left the hospital, Lindsay, and just thought everything was probably going fine. What a surprise to learn tonight about your bumps in the road. I hope your pancreas continues to heal and that you will soon be able to eat normally and benefit from the nutrients consumed. I'm glad you are now able to receive the counseling sessions you need. Assistance mentally is just as important as what you receive for your physical well being. I'm sure you are making mental notes throughout this recovery process of improvements needed in healthcare to make a difference with your future patients. Rest well, Lindsay, and continue to heal. My thoughts and prayers continue for you, your parents' hired man, and for Landen in losing his fever.

Cindy Tendall