Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 11th, 9:00 PM

Not much new to report. Lindsay hasn't eaten any more since this evening but she appeared to be in a better mood according to my dad. At least he wasn't fearing for his life tonight. :-)

Tim was taking Landen home tonight to put him to bed and stay with him so my mom is staying with her at the hospital. There were a couple of Ensures and Enlives at the nurse's station and my dad was hopeful that perhaps my mom could get her to try one more before she went to bed.

They were marking the drainage on the chest tube this evening so we are all hopeful that if the level looks good they will be able to take it out tomorrow and then perhaps we can go about the business of getting her grumpy ass up and moving.

Overall, I'm not sure we took any steps backwards today but we didn't really make any jumps forward either. They're putting the same limits on visitors for tomorrow, unless you want a TV remote thrown at your head, but I will update here as soon as her chest tube is out and she is up and walking as I think that will really be the point at which her spirits will start to lift a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest well tonight, Lindsay, and start a new fresh day tomorrow. You have turned so many corners in the last week, and I know you will continue to progress. Sleep well ... Thoughts and prayers continue for you.

Hang in there, Heather. Even though you are not the one struggling to recover, family always take the brunt of the frustrations and are unfortunately on the receiving end during the difficult days. I hope you, too, sleep well and bless your parents, too.

Cindy Tendall