Monday, July 13, 2009

July 13th, 7:00 AM

The news from my mom this morning was that overall Lindsay is doing good but she had a rough night. She was having some stomach cramping and having a hard time getting comfortable.

She thought it might be gas pains but was uncomfortable using the restroom with the catheter in so they ended up pulling the catheter out in the middle of the night. This does require her to get up more now but that should help her to get her strength up.

She has no IV but they have left the line in so they can do blood draws and give her medicines. She's been on Ativan to help with some of her anxiety as she says it's very hard to just sit and wait on doctors, tests, etc. She's also still on Oxycotton and Oxycodone. She explained something to me about how they give them something about using one for a breakthrough but that's as much medical jargon as I understood.

Other than that, she is off the morphine so I'm hopeful that will help reduce some of her hallucinations.

They did get her up and sit her in a recliner last night to try to make her more comfortable but it didn't work very well. I imagine she will be very tired today and possibly grumpy so if you want to visit I would suggest only a couple at a time and bring your protective gear in case the TV remote comes at your head.

I'm at work today so I will call at lunch time and get another update and then try to visit this afternoon and see how everything is going.

No comments: