Sunday, July 19, 2009

Update and Prayers needed for someone else.

Last night was a bad night for sleeping. I had a lot of pain and couldn't fall asleep. By 2am when it was time to take another pain med, I did what I shouldn't off and took 2. They had already cut me down from what I was taking in the hospital so taking 2 was not much more than what I was taking in the hospital, and I was in so much pain I didnt care. I know what you are all thinking, the doctor is not following doctors orders but I just needed the pain to go away for a little while. It worked wonders. I felt so great after that that I was able to fall fast asleep and sleep comfortable till almost 9 so I didnt take another pain pill till 10 so I took 2 in an 8 hr time period and I normally had been taking 1 every 4 hrs soI think my relief from pain by taking 2 was well worth it.

The visiting nurse showed up again and helped relieve some of my anxiety. She talked to someone about my high heart rate and they said it was normal reaction to all the trauma I have been through and will slowly go down. Today it was only between 98-102 so getting better. I also had her check by blood sugar since I had to have some insulin shots in the hospital, I have the anxiety that I will develop diabetes now. It was only 108 so more things to calm down about. I am glad that she is coming to help just reassure me that I am doing fine. Sometimes too much knowledge about things can make you go crazy.

My parents and Debbie brought up more of our furniture that we purchased at American awhile ago. Now we are just missing one chair and we will have everything here finally that we purchased. They moved in all our furniture and set it up, and really helped unpack a lot of boxes and also helped with the yard some. I of course laid on the couch but it was a relief see the house get unpacked knowing that I wouldn't be able to get at it anytime soon. They got a lot done today and the place looks more and more like our home now.

Landen's still running a small fever but he is being such a good boy with all this. He is truly the best baby. He is starting to army crawl every where so Tim is going to buy a baby gate tomorrow so he doesn't fall down the stairs. I really don't need that in the midst of all this.

Now for the extra prayers needed. A guy that works for my parents and has been since I was really little had another heart attack today. He had a minor one earlier this month and we hoped that would be it, Well he was racking hay in my parents field today and felt a small pain. It went away but then a stronger one came on and luckily he had his nitro on him and his cell phone and called 911. They got him to the cath lab early and he had 1 artery that was 100% blocked. They got it stented and he is now in the ICU. We are unsure of the amount of damage it has caused yet. I had my grandmother's gaurdian angel over my bed the whole time I was in hospital and it worked for me so mom is taking it to go hang above his bed. I have witnessed how much you guy's prayers can truly help so I am asking you all to pray for him tonight. May he make a quick, speedy, and complete recovery and that this be his last heart attack.

Well, I should head to bed for the night. Hopefully tonight will be better. God bless you all.

6 comments:

Wolvers said...

I love the idea of the guardian angel over his bed. What's going on at that farm of your parents? Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress. I'm still fully amazed at how fast you got out of the hospital! I still continue to think about and pray for you daily. As for thanking all of us, I don't find it necessary. I agree with a post earlier, the fact that you are alive and as well as you are right now, is a thank you enough!! Take care of yourself and get all the rest you can now that you are home in your own bed. I would suggest getting in touch with a chiropractor to help you heal to your fullest if you don't already see one. I have a great one I travel an hour each way to see. Let me know if you want more info on how their care can help.

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you get some good rest Lindsay , sure glad Landen is fealing better I can speak for all of us at the farm we are sure going to miss that little man he is such a blast ..... As for the gaudian angel what a awesome idea ,the prayers will continue from the Schaper house for both of you.. Make sure you ask our Lindsay about her car .

Heather said...

I hope last night was much more restful for you. I'm glad that everyone was able to help you get your house unpacked. Again... sorry I couldn't be there but you didn't want what I had.

Finally, I hope the angel helps him. He has been around as long as I can remember and I can't imagine life on the farm without him.

Keep up the good updates!! Call if you need anything!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that your house is starting to look like a home. I am sure it is nice to get stuff unpacked, even if you can't do it youself. Mom said we will have to make a trip to visit when I come to Iowa. I have yet to see Landen! And of course I need to visit you also.

Hopefully the recovery of the hired man's heart attack will be as fast as your recovery! There truly must be a guardian angel looking over the farm!

Stacey

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh dear prayers are being said right now. That is the last thing that your parents needed was another 'family' member sick.

I hope that he ans his family make it through this quickly...

-- AND! You are an amazing one handed typer :)

Jennifer B. said...

Landon is so lucky to have a Mommy like you! I'm no doctor :-) but I'm guessing as your heart rate starts to come down some of your anxiety will reduce, as well. The brain thinks the heart rate is elevated for a reason that it should be anxious about.