Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 14th, 1:00 PM

I just got back from visiting my Lindsay. She has had a very rough morning. She got up and walked quite a ways this morning but then got sick right after breakfast and has pretty much been in bed ever since.

When I got there about 11:45 I told her I would get her anything she wanted if she wanted to eat something. She told me Panera chicken noodle soup so off I went. There isn't one by the hospital so it took me a bit to get there and get back and when I got back she was sleeping.

She's very weak since she essentially hasn't eaten all day and so I am hopeful that she is, right at this moment, sitting up in her bed eating some soup and it will sit well with her stomach this afternoon.

She seemed to be getting around much better this morning, despite her not feeling well so even though I'm sure she doesn't feel like she's making progress she looks like she's making progress. Her oxygen is off and that is a huge step forward from a couple of days ago. Plus she is able to get her shell on with help and get to the bathroom which she couldn't do a few days ago.

I'll check back in a few hours and hopefully she will have had a much better afternoon. After all, soup makes everything better, right?

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Hang in there Lindsay! I know right now you would like nothing more than to be doing your residency and wishing that this accident had never happened, but you will get back to it!! From this experience only good will come! I truly believe that, you have many amazing things you've yet to do, it just seems slow going right now. Take it moment by moment, day by day! Thinking about and wishing you the very best! You are amazing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up Lindsay! You have made such huge progress over the last few days! Keep it up! We are all still thinking about you and praying for you!
- Krystal Kromrie
"Whoever you are, whatever your dream, you have to be strong in your head and strong in your heart. Be Strong! There's no quitting in the person who wants it bad enough."

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Yes, chicken soup always makes everything better....that ans a sisters love. You rock.

Keep fighting Lindsay... you are doing great!