Thursday, July 23, 2009

Bump In The Road

I had hoped that I would not be back here again, unfortunately.... here I am.

When Lindsay was in the hospital they told us there would be bumps in the road. I think we were hoping for something along the lines of those little butt ticklers that they have before stop signs.

Instead we got a speed bump. A nice, large speed bump.

Last night Lindsay was admitted into the hospital. She threw up yesterday morning and then was having stomach pains last night. After Tim got home they went and got her and enema thinking that might be the problem but while it worked it did not take away the pain. Then she threw up again so off to the ER they went.

Her white count was elevated meaning some sort of infection and the text I got from her at 3:00 this morning was that they were admitting her and may have to drain the fluid. I'm assuming she is referring to the pocket of fluid above her JP tube that they were having troubles getting under control right before she left the hospital.

At this point any prayers would be appreciated. I'm sure she is scared and in pain and really not wanting to be back in the hospital. She is in Iowa City now, not in Des Moines so my mom is going to drive over this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Lindsay had to be admitted. Your family and Marion will continue to be in my families prayers.

Tammie